W E I R D

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Violin - A Little Bit Nervous [Vladimir Mayakovsky]

The violin got all worked up, imploring
then suddenly burst into sobs,
so child-like
that the drum couldn't stand it:
"All right, all right, all right!"
But then he got tired,
couldn't wait till the violin ended,
slipped out on the burning Kuznetsky
and took flight.
The orchestra looked on, chilly,
while the violin wept itself out
without reason
or rhyme,
and only somewhere,
a cymbal, silly,
kept clashing:
"What is it,what's all the racket about?"
And when the helicon,
brass-faced,
sweaty,
hollared:
"Crazy!
Crybaby!
Be still!"
I staggered,
on to my feet getting,
and lumbered over the horror-stuck music stands,
yelling,
"Good God"
why, I myself couldn't tell;
then dashed, my arms round the wooden neck to
fling:
"You know what, violin,
we're awfully alike;
I too
always yell,
but can't prove a thing!"
The musicains commented,
contemptuously smiling:"
Look at him-come to his wooden-bride-
tee-hee!"
But I don't care-
I'm a good guy-
"You know, what, violin,
let's live together,
eh?".
{ This one is the first Russian poem I might have ever read and obviously the first by Mayakovsky. I believe this poem has had influences over my style of writing [If I may reason so, humbly]. I first found this in the translation section of my village library, an old copy of translated russian magazines with withered pages. I copied it onto somewhere and it was with me for long.... It's pretty nostalgic for me and thus finds it's place here on my blog. -retarded}

5 Comments:

Blogger Chandamita said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:59 am, May 04, 2007

 
Blogger Chandamita said...

this is a real good collection n it's really too good to express in words...

10:59 am, May 04, 2007

 
Blogger Shuba said...

I am too shallow for such poetry usually..so no comments wil take some time to understand..comment in mail later okay?

1:05 pm, May 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

3:17 am, January 04, 2010

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your retarde.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

7:27 pm, January 26, 2013

 

Post a Comment

<< Home