W E I R D

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Purple Dinosaur

There lived a purple dinosaur in my neighbourhood
Not that we used to see him everyday..
He used to appear when it was totally unnecessary.
‘MESOZOIC ERA’, he used to shout..
And tales were there about fires from his nose
We believed all tales, we were supposed to. We were kids
‘Mesozoic era’, he used to shout..
‘Oh, stop; its a trillion years past, since..’
We used to shout back at him, though it was a little lame.


Nobody feared the purple dinosaur
Nobody cared about the purple dinosaur
He was dumb in his own way,
Not that we were sharp back then..
But he appeared in all of our little stories
We made little stories, we were supposed to. We were kids.
Mesozoic era, he was from
He must have been a placing mistake, from the supreme one
But there he was, among us, around us

There lived a purple dinosaur in my neighbourhood
‘Mesozoic era’, he used to shout..

Nobody knows where he went..
It’s long since anybody has seen him or heard him
Or is it just that I dint see him or hear him?
He might still be there,
It’s me who is not there.
It’s me who hasn’t seen the purple dinosaur lately
It’s me who is away.

Yet I still tell some of my friends,

That there USED TO BE a purple dinosaur in my neighbourhood.
And that ‘Mesozoic era’ he USED TO shout..

There he LIVED...I tell my friends…

He probably might still be there.
It’s me who has not seen the purple dinosaur
Or heard him shout ‘MESOZOIC ERA’ lately……

MESOZOIC ERA....
As you all know,
Is a long time back.


---------------Retarded---------------
****resinstating:- am not mad. The above makes sense to me****

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the dinasor :)

Rose,
:))))))))
goodluck

10:32 pm, May 09, 2006

 
Blogger retarded said...

Honestly, I posted this one thinking that nobody will understand it. Amazingly, two have.
I am starting to doubt my own judgements :)

Nostalgia of a new form welled up.
You suddenly think about one of those old grand-fatherly-affectionate people, and you are not able to remember whether he is alive... that, is a terrible situation.. scenes from the past including them frame before eyes one by one. We have not forgot them.. yet, you dont know anything about them now.
"MESOZOIC ERA".... its painful to relaize that.
Hence this 'Purple Dinosaur'.
Thanks for the comments.

1:34 pm, May 10, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rageshetta,

Sorry, have not gone through your blog lately...'The Purple Dinosaur' brings to my mind all my old friends and family, especially my grandparents , who I have not seen for a long time..who I have unconsciously relegated to the dark corners of my mind where their memories are gathering dust and cobwebs...

Love,
Veena

4:39 am, May 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home